Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Porcelain Dolls

These were the bridal gowns I presented at the Weddings at the Peninsula 2011. In my mind, I was creating frocks for porcelain dolls, hence the pale faces and rosy cheeks. I wanted a rock vibe in this collection that's why I chose Sanya and Jessica to model for me. They both have unique looks and exude a free-spirited attitude that I needed to complete the look I wanted. I could imagine them walking down the aisle to the tune of Smashing Pumpkins' "Tonight, Tonight".

Jessica in a knee length bridal dress in duchess satin and tulle. The shoulder straps are fully encrusted with beads that go all the way to the V-shaped back. Shoes by Emi Jorge. Cameo by Jul B. Dizon. Photo by Arvin Cruz.

Sanya in a floor sweeping Victorian inspired gown with huge bell sleeves. The  cream colored satin is embellished with tiny rice beads in floral motif.  Dragonfly brooch by Jul B. Dizon.  Photo by Arvin Cruz.

No comments:

Post a Comment